Hi! I'm a PhD student at the University of Groningen. See about for more information about me.
Most posts on this site are about statistics and programming. The posts contain math, plots and the code to reproduce the results.
For example, a simple plot looks as follows:
I = 1:30
xy = mapping([I] => :x, [I.*2] => :y)
The source code of this website is available on GitHub.
- 2021-08-26Why we are in a speculative bubble
- Why I'm baffled by people claiming that the economy is doing fine
- 2021-06-16Increasing model accuracy by using foreknowledge
- Using priors for binary logistic regression
- 2021-01-21Random forest classification in Julia
- Fitting a random forest classifier and reporting accuracy metrics.
- 2020-12-16GitHub and GitLab commands cheatsheet
- A cheatsheet for commands like 'Fix #2334'.
- 2020-11-29Design cheatsheet
- A summary of design tips and tricks.
- 2020-11-26Grades queries
- Using SQL like query syntax in Julia.
- 2020-11-14Frequentist and Bayesian coin flipping
- Comparing both statistical paradigms on a coin flipping example.
- 2020-11-07Installing NixOS with encryption on a Lenovo laptop
- Specifically, installing NixOS on the Lenovo Yoga 7.
- 2020-11-04The logit and logistic functions
- Providing the definitions, some plots and useful values to remember.
- 2020-11-02A data-fusion example
- An example in causal data-fusion.
- 2020-09-26The principle of maximum entropy
- Obtaining the least informative distribution.
- 2020-08-12Writing effectively
- Why writing should be valuable to the reader.
- 2020-07-29Writing checklist
- A list to quickly check for common mistakes in writing.
- 2020-06-28Combinations and permutations
- Deriving the equations for combinations and permutations.
- 2020-06-27Comparing means and SDs
- Transforming means and SDs from numbers in different ranges to the same range.
- 2020-05-11Predicates and reproducibility
- Thinking about the layers above statistics.
- 2020-03-05Simple and binary regression
- Applying a simple and binary (logistic) regression to simulated data.
- 2020-02-02The greatest sales deck someone else has ever seen
- It's Zuora's deck
- The equations and some examples for the Pearson correlation coefficient.
- 2020-01-16Benefits of writing blog posts
- Convincing myself of why writing is a good habit to have.
- 2019-12-29Statistical power from scratch
- Explaining statistical power by first finding the binomial and normal distributions.
- 2019-12-03Niceties in the Julia programming language
- A quick walk through some Julia syntax and interesting features.
- 2019-12-01NixOS configuration highlights
- Particularily neat parts of using NixOS.
- A tool for executing commands automatically upon file changes.
- 2015-08-25QoS setup using Tomato in combination with an Experiabox
- My first blog post.
This website is built with Julia 1.6.2 and